When you decide to offer call support using internet business phone system solution at your company, one of the trickiest aspects is to forecast the incoming flow of calls and make it manageable. Having a phone number in your website leaves pretty much the door open for anyone to reach out. And then all it comes to the big question: what percentage of those calls actually brought any value to your business? 🤯
💸 Valuable calls vs 🙄 not valuable calls.
A valuable call can be different for each business, for some it can be a VIP customer subscribed to an annual plan and for others a ready-to-buy prospect that is at the end of the digital journey. In either case, this customer or prospect is already identified by you and holds a very important position on your strategy, you want them to be the closest to you, and start building a real relationship by being reachable at any time.
This is when the brilliant idea to put a phone number on your website: a no-brainer. After a while, you will see the inflow of calls to keep growing and become more complex, you will receive calls of hot leads, clients, curious people, and basically anybody, because all hold the same 'weight' on your inbound call flow. Your support team will start feeling overwhelmed, perhaps discouraged and flooded by many kinds of requests, some valuable and some others really useless for your business and value proposition. At the end your support will become too complex and have inefficiencies.
Then, perhaps you would ask yourself the following questions:
- How can I deliver value and be closer only to my high-value customers?
- How can I filter my inbound call flow and make it efficient with current internet business phone systems?
- How can my phone support be aligned to my business objectives?
Long-answer, short: be smart and switch to a smart support 🤓
🤓 Smart Voice Support ?
What is exactly Smart Voice Support? you get calls only from the people you want. From the people that actually bring value to your business 💸
How can you filter calls? there are several criteria:
- According to the point of their customer journey
- According to how many items they have on their shopping cart or to their order
- According to customer segmentation
- According to your team availability
Receiving high-value calls becomes ultra powerful for your business, allowing you to focus on the right customers and delivering them the best customer experience.
🤖 Smart Voice Support according to Customer Journey
Start by deciding the key points of the customer journey and where they need you the most. Paying? Understanding your pricing? During check-out?
Filtering inbound calls by Customer Journey means you would be reachable only at the key times of the customer path and you can select the pages where calls can be placed.
- Create a new ‘custom HTML tag’ in your GTM workspace
- Add a ‘Window loaded’ trigger and filter it by page url to select web page where you want display the button and get valuable calls
- Publish and voila!
😎 So... what’s next ?
Now you are able to display a call button and offer voice support to that special customer or lead 😍